Table of Equivalencies may apply for Tribal Preference Candidates
Every employee of Stockbridge Munsee Community is expected to present themselves in a professional manner to customers as well as other departments. Stockbridge Munsee Community strives to provide a provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Will be responsible for day to day customer service, cashiering, cooking, cleaning, preparing deli products and deli area. Will be responsible for selling all Convenience Store products, maintaining the site, and service to the customer in in down time.
All employees of Stockbridge Munsee Community must meet the following qualification:
1. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and health screening.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated on job description
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays
1. Provide and maintain excellent customer service while insuring the financial success of the Tribal Convenience Store.
2. Operate the cash registers and handle money accurately.
3. Perform daily stocking, facing and dusting of shelves and products.
4. Assist Managers as requested.
5. Responsible for preparing food properly, cooking food, serving food and discarding expired food products.
6. Responsible for recognizing ways to reduce food waste and utilization of leftovers.
7. Responsible for the purchase and requisition of all food, beverages, and supplies for the deli.
8. Establish and enforce sanitation practices.
9. Adhere to scheduled workweek.
10. Must keep Store clean (internally and externally) at all times.
11. Must attend all training as required by the employer.
12. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
13. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
14. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
15. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
16. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
17. Must be able to obtain and maintain the Food Handlers Certificate.
18. Must be able to pass the Class C PASS certifications.
19. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
1. Candidate must have High School diploma or G.E.D.
2. Must have some cooking experience.
3. Must maintain good personal hygiene which is essential in performing assigned duties.
4. Basic math skills a must ability to break down recipes.
5. Must submit to periodic communicable diseases’ screenings and maintain a non-communicable disease status. (Such as TB and Hepatitis A)
6. Prefer employees to be over the age of 21.
7. Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision.
8. Must have knowledge of proper inventory handling and ordering procedures
9. Assist with the reconciliation of daily sales, prepare deposit reports, and monitor cash flow for overages and shortages
10. Must be customer oriented, honest, and reliable
11. Candidate must be customer oriented to be able to work with the general public.
12. Ability to operate cash register, handle money, checks, charge cards and etc. is required.
13. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
14. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.15. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
16. Candidate must be reliable and be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating schedule and any other emergencies as needed
17. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
18. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. This position requires a lot of standing with occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
2. Evening and/or weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
3. Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due to working in close proximity to others and in an enclosed area.
4. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test may be required.
5. Workplace environment is smoke free