1. High School Diploma, HSED Diploma or GED Certification is required. (MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATION TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION)
2. Child Care I & II Certification is preferred or must complete the Child Care I & II Certification within (3) months of date of hire.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain within (6) months of employment a Commercial Driver License (C.D.L.) with a P and S endorsement is required.
4. Six (6) month previous successful experience working at an early childhood setting is preferred.
5. Must complete certification on Mandated Reporting, Child Abuse and Neglect, and Shaken Baby Syndrome is required within (90) days of employment.
6. Continuing education to maintain degree is required
7. Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or willingness to obtain these certifications within (30) days of date of employment is required. Must maintain CPR and Red Cross First Aide Certification during employment.
8. Familiarity with Native American Culture (especially Stockbridge-Munsee Community culture) is preferred.
9. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, laminator, television, copy, and fax machine is preferred.
10. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
a. Frequently sit, bend/stoop, squat, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
b. Occasionally stand, walk, crouch, kneel, balance, and push and pull.
c. Must be able to use both hands for repetitive movements, simple and firm grasping.
d. Applicants must complete a self-disclosing Physical Questionnaire prior to start of employment.
11. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to start of employment.)
12. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
13. Must pass a pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment. A Tuberculosis (TB) screening and/or TB Skin Test is required prior to employment and annually thereafter.
14. Must provide written documentation from a doctor that a physical examination was performed within (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
15. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community. This includes obtaining an elder/youth license.
16. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal and tribal vehicle under the Stockbridge-Munsee Community Vehicle Drivers Policy prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
17. Stockbridge-Munsee Community Food Safety Certification is required with in three (3) months of employment. Must maintain Food Safety Certification during employment.
18. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
19. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
20. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
21. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
22. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
23. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
24. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.