Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Mohican Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
4. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
5. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
6. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training provided by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Marketing Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including and not limited to: Employment Handbook, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communications from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must have an outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
3. A basic computer skill is required. Must possess accurate keyboarding skills (may be asked to demonstrate typing skills).
4. Must have good verbal communications skills (may be asked to demonstrate skills).
5. Must have ability to work with limited supervision.
6. Must possess the ability to access and react to customer service needs.
1. Responsible for enrolling Star Club members; explain Star Club benefits to player and how to use club card.
2. Will update all computer entries and keep supervisor informed of any problems.
3. Record promotional payouts.
4. Responsible for the appearance of the Star Club booth and gift shop area; selling merchandise and display appearance.
5. Must keep the coat checkroom neat and clean.
6. Responsible for all customer coats and personal belongings checked into the room.
PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching, reaching and bending.
3. Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
5. Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
6. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.