1. Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. Collect soiled linens and towels, place in designated place on housekeeping cart, and during your shift drop soiled linens and towels into laundry chute.
10. Complete Maintenance Repair Request Forms and for immediate requests, report maintenance issues to the supervisor i.e. burned out light bulbs or slow drains in the bathroom. If damage to walls, furniture, carpet or fixtures, advise supervisor and Hotel Maintenance Tech as soon as possible. Report unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately. Submit Maintenance Repair
Request Forms to supervisor at the end of the shift and ensure repairs have been made. If suspicious materials are encountered, or suspicious behavior from guests is noticed, must report to supervisor immediately.
11. Replenish room supplies such as drinking glasses, bathroom amenities, towels, toilet paper, facial tissues, and in room hotel information, paper and pens.
12. At the end of the shift, stock housekeeping cart with the necessary cleaning supplies and amenities.
13. Before entering a guest room, always observe proper procedures as trained and instructed.
14. If the guest has checked out, turn in items left behind to the Housekeeping Lost and Found. Advise the supervisor and ensure it is recorded in the Housekeeping Lost and Found Log. Guestroom key cards are turned into front desk at the end of shift.
15. Use room cleaning checklist to ensure all tasks assigned at the beginning of shift are completed and turn in the completed cleaning checklist to the supervisor at end of shift.
16. Clean and vacuum area immediately outside the guest room.
17. Restock, clean and straighten linen supply closet at the end of the shift.
18. Observe safety and security procedures always. Be familiar with fire prevention and understand emergency and evacuation procedures.
19. When finished with the guest room, secure the room and notify the supervisor so they can do the final inspection.
20. May deliver ironing boards, pillow, baby crib or roll-away bed, or other amenities as requested by the guest(s). Note the delivery of such items in Housekeeping Special Guest Items Log noting the item, guest room number, date and signature.
21. Report pertinent information to the housekeeping coordinator.
22. Adhere to the highest service standards to offer the resort guests an optimum hospitality experience.
23. Carry out all assignments received from the housekeeping coordinator.
24. Cross trained to work in laundry room and deep cleaning hotel rooms.
25. Become familiar with all aspects of hotel, spa, business center, exercise room, casino, dining facilities and special events.
Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, and the Hotel Department.
27. Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
28. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
29. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.