Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
4. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
5. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
6. Must be at least 21 years of age.
1. Must attend all training as required by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as required by the organization.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Previous Bellhop and/or Valet experience is preferred.
3. Must have basic computer skills.
4. Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
5. Must have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
6. Must have exceptional guest service skills.
7. Understanding and knowledge of a 24 hour, 7 days a week operation.
8. Must be able to work a flexible schedule when required.
9. Good communication and organizational skills.
10. Ability to multi-task.
11. Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver's License and insured/reliable transportation. Must meet eligibility guidelines as set by Mohican Nation Insurance.
12. Must be able to drive a Manual (Stick) and Automatic vehicles.
1. Greet and welcome guests at the front entrance of the property in a timely and pleasant manner.
2. Assist guests in and out of their vehicle and provide information regarding the parking and retrieval of their vehicle if required.
3. Transports luggage to the guest's room. Turns on lights, explains how to operate television, phones, etc. Checks the room to ensure furnishings and guest supplies are adequate. Shows guests the in-room hotel information.
4. Act as a resource to guests and team members by maintaining a thorough knowledge of the facility, special events, promotions, local attractions and other amenities.
5. Load and unload luggage onto tour busses (coaches).
6. Use proper language and phone etiquette when dealing with guests or peers.
7. Always use the guest's name whenever possible.
8. Adhere to the highest service standards to offer the resort guests an optimum hospitality experience.
9. Respond to guest inquiries in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
10. When dealing with a guest complaint, demonstrate active listening skills and try to remedy the situation to the satisfaction of the guest. Turn in all complaints to the supervisor.
11. Report all pertinent information to the Hotel Front Office Coordinator.
12. Carry out all assigrunents received from the Front Office Supervisor or Coordinator.
13. Assist housekeeping if needed to help deliver towels, paper goods, or misc. items to hotel guest rooms.
14. Assist with special events such as, directing guests to event area, answering questions regarding events and help where needed.
15. Set high personal standards for performance and encourage others to do the same.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
3. Occasional climbing of stairs, pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to ninety (90) pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus; both inside the casino and outside in the elements during daylight and night time hours.
5. Work is generally performed outside of the casino where extreme weather is prevalent.
6. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.