Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Mohican Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training provided by the North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must possess good communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must be able to assist with special needs of customers.
3. A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
4. Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
5. Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
6. Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast paced environment.
7. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas. Must be able to work in an area that is unusually noisy environment.
1. Welcome guests to the gift shop in a friendly, courteous manner, working to achieve a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
2. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
3. Perform all functions of the cash register, including acceptance of payment for retail sales; in the form of cash, credit card, checks, purchase orders, etc.
4. Become familiar with all gift shop items and inventory and provide assistance and information to guests.
5. Responsible for stocking, cleaning, dusting, folding clothing, maintaining shelves, rotating cigarettes, etc.
6. Answer telephone calls appropriately according to procedures.
7. Process monetary transactions with guests. Adhere to all revenue handling policies and procedures.
8. Maintain and verify cash drawer on a daily basis; keep cash drawer supplied with sufficient monies.
9. Communicate relevant information to following shift.
10. Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
11. Keep work area neat, clean, and stocked of needed supplies.
12. Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
13. Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and be able to efficiently handle guest inquiries.
14. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
15. Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
16. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
17. This position will be required to provide assistance in other venues of the hospitality division.
18. Complete other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching, crawling and bending.
3. Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
5. Occasional reading and writing.
6. Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
7. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.