1. High School Diploma, HSED Diploma or GED Certification is required. Applicants age 50 and older are exempt from this requirement. (MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATION TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION)
2. A Commercial Driver License (C.D.L.) with a P and S endorsement is required.
3. Must be mature and able to maintain strict standards of order and safety with children.
4. Excellent customer/client relation skills are required. This will require the individual to be able to deal with the general public and Tribal employees with tact, courtesy, respect, objectivity, and maturity.
5. Advance program practice by promoting a positive working environment and working collaboratively with other staff to understand and support the adoption of best practices for children, families, and staff.
6. Must be dependable, able to follow directions and work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Must complete certification on reporting Child Abuse and Neglect is required within (90) days of employment.
8. Current First Aid and CPR certifications or willingness to obtain these certifications within (30) days of date of employment is required. Must maintain CPR and Red Cross First Aide Certification during employment.
9. Knowledge of auto mechanics relevant to school bus maintenance and operation is preferred.
10. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequently sit and occasionally stand, walk, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Frequently use feet for repetitive foot movements in operating foot controls and hands for repetitive movements and simple and firm grasping.
Applicants must complete a self-disclosing Physical Questionnaire prior to start of employment.
11. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to start of employment.)
12. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
13. Must pass a pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment. A Tuberculosis (TB) screening and/or TB Skin Test is required prior to employment and annually thereafter.
14. Must provide written documentation from a doctor that a physical examination was performed within (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
15. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community. This includes obtaining an elder/youth license.
16. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal and tribal vehicle under the Stockbridge-Munsee Community Vehicle Drivers Policy prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
17. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
18. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
19. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
20. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
21. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.