Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Mohican Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
1. Must attend all training provided by North Star Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Food & Beverage Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear approved departmental uniform.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
1. North Star Mohican Casino resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Must have at least one (1) year working supervisory experience; Two (2) years food and beverage supervisory experience is preferred.
4. Must have completed a current bartender course with certification.
5. Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the guests and employees.
6. Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift.
7. Must be able to work in an area that is unusually hot, cold, and noisy.
8. Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast paced environment.
9. Must have intermediate math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages
10. Basic computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail is required.
11. Previous cash handling experience is required.
12. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
13. Must be flexible with schedule to work ALL shifts, Weekends and Holidays.
1. Must be able and willing to assume the duties of the food and beverage staff.
2. Responsible to assume the Food & Beverage Manager duties, as needed.
3. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
4. Provide assistance in maintaining proper stock of all products and supplies needed in the food and beverage department.
5. Provide assistance in developing daily menus.
6. Maintain a basic knowledge of POS system.
7. Maintain a basic knowledge of alcohol dispensing unit.
8. Ensure accuracy of revenue drops. Adhere to all revenue handling procedures.
9. Assist in training and appraisal of front line employees. Conduct associate-counseling sessions including verbal and written corrective action reports.
10. Lead all employees in the daily performance of their duties.
11. Confer with the Food & Beverage Manager concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of attention.
12. Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to the goals in terms of individual and team performance.
13. Meet with vendors, as necessary.
14. Coordinate maintenance and service of equipment.
15. Ensure department is in compliance with all health code standards.
16. Demonstrate skill in dealing with employee disputes and guest complaints to resolve in a professional manner.
17. Prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects simultaneously.
18. Complete other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or control, and reach with hands and arms.
2. Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
3. Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
5. Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
6. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.