Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Perform scheduled, preventative maintenance as well as needed repair services throughout the property’s interior and exterior. This maintenance would include that of property structure, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, furnishings, ceiling/wall finishes and floor covering throughout the property as directed by the facilities manager.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
5. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
6. Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
7. Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
8. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
9. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. The completion of a journeyman apprenticeship in one of the following fields is preferred: millwright, general construction, electrical, plumbing, electronics, HVAC, or commercial building maintenance.
1. Provide routine repairs and preventative/cleaning services to swimming pools, sauna, whirlpools, stage equipment, convention hall equipment and cleaning equipment in accordance with organizational and/or manufacturer requirements.
2. Provide routine repairs and preventative/cleaning services to environmental controls which include air exchange filters, smoke eater filters, and air ducts.
3. Repair and/or replace light bulbs and water filters as needed.
4. Observe, document, and repair any damage or defects found throughout routine inspections/evaluations of the property throughout the work shift.
5. Accurately enter information into departmental records on schedule determined by the facilities manager and/or department director to document dates and times in which preventive and/or repair services were provided to which systems, components, or fixtures throughout the property.
6. Make recommendations to the facilities manager on a schedule as determined by the facilities manager and/or department director.
7. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
8. Must be able to continuously demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision in addition to completing assigned tasks within the time-frame allotted by the facilities manager and/or department director.
9. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
10. Must wear the approved departmental uniform.
11. Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
12. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Handbook, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communications from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
13. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the facilities manager and/or department director.
1. Must have at least two years of commercial trades experience in one of the following fields: construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, millwright, electronics, or general building maintenance.
2. Must have above-average carpentry, finishing and general construction skills.
3. Must be task-oriented, self-motivated and work from written directions, assembly instructions and/or shop drawings independently and within time constraints indicated.
4. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and understand basic assembly instructions and architectural/shop drawings as they relate to commercial buildings, mechanicals, equipment assembly, and basic electronics.
5. Must be able to demonstrate effective knowledge of all job-related tools.
6. Must be to demonstrate basic computer skills, such as how to log onto a central computer system and navigate through a series of menus, and enter daily activities in a computerized format.
7. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving abilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently walk, sit, stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
2. Must have the manual dexterity to handle all job-related tools, including measuring tools.
3. Must be able to lift and/or move up to sixty (60) pounds on a regular basis, occasionally work in uncomfortably hot or cold environments, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl in awkward/cramped positions, climb stairs/ladders, maneuver on scaffolding and/or scissor lifts at various heights, and work on rooftops.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus; with the aid of prescription glasses/contacts, if needed.
5. Work is generally performed in a workshop and/or casino setting with a moderate to higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
6. Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due, to working in close proximity to others.
7. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.