Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
1. Perform the overall personnel and operational supervision of all environmental services staff
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
2. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
3. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
5. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
6. Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
7. Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
8. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
9. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Secondary education/certification in management, facility maintenance, or environmental services or similar discipline is preferred. A completed journeymen apprenticeship program related to commercial construction will also be considered.
1. Establish and maintain an annual (approved) departmental operating budget. This will be done by utilizing montWy financial statements to track departmental wages, costs, and income.
2. Perform weekly departmental timekeeping functions and document employee use of accrued time and absences.
3. Perform annual employee performance reviews and insure that organizational policies and department procedures are adhered to; and administer corrective action as needed.
4. Ensure daily that the organization's environmental cleaning service and preventative maintenance standards are being maintained throughout the facility and by all departmental personnel.
5. Responsible for maintaining and updating the organization's Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) records.
6. Responsible for the organization's readiness during annual State building inspections and Indian Health Service Health and Safety reviews. These inspections will require continual coordination and communication with the Facility Engineering crew.
7. Ensure that all departmental equipment and supplies are properly maintained, utilized in an appropriate manner, and properly accounted for.
8. Responsible for all departmental supply and equipment orders and payment of said orders through the organization's purchase order system.
9. Responsible for the delivery and payment of the organization's energy needs including electrical and LP gas services, also utilizing the organization's purchase order system.
10. Make recommendations to the Department Director as necessary.
11. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Maintenance Department.
12. Must dress professionally.
13. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
14. Must adhere to the Casino's Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
15. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including and not limited to: Employment Handbook, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communications from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
16. The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the departmental director.