1. The Casino Director of Marketing will work in conjunction with Casino CFO to identify expenditures to use marketing-budgeted funds to maximize rate of return.
2. Responsible for development of a marketing plan and an advertising plan at six-month intervals.
3. Responsible for the development of marketing goals and strategies that are in line with the overall business goals as determined by the Casino General Manager.
4. Will be responsible for development and implementation of Branding, Advertising, Promotional, and Player Development strategies that effectively meets the operational needs of North Star Mohican Casino Resort. This individual shall be responsible to operate the departments under the Marketing Department in accordance with all policies, rules, regulations, and tribal ordinances as adopted by the Stockbridge-Munsee Tribal Council.
5. Provide leadership direction for the areas under the Marketing Department. This includes Advertising, Promotions, Special Events, Player Development, Graphics/Media, Social Media, Entertainment, Mobile Marketing, eCommerce, VIP Relations, Guest Surveys, Public Relations, and Mohican RV Park.
6. Address and correct audit findings in regards to the Marketing Department.
7. Responsible for development of the annual marketing strategic plan and budget forecast that will be approved by the General Manager.
8. Ensures that pro forma and post forma evaluations are conducted for all promotions and special events in a timely manner.
9. Meets with revenue-generating departments on a monthly basis to discuss strategic planning and to ensure marketing support of the operations.
10. Conducts market and demographic research to properly segment the customer base for efficient and profitable operation.
11. Consolidate, review, and prepare a monthly marketing report consisting of all marketing functions under the Gaming Division.
12. Develop Branding strategies that are clean, clear, and consistent to North Star Mohican Casino Resort’s external customers and internal organization.
13. Establish an effective advertising plan that effectively reaches our core markets in a cost effective manner.
14. Establish player development and promotional strategies that provide continual customer and financial growth to North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
15. Implement industry best practices/standards and continuously improve areas under the Marketing Department.
16. Must work cooperatively with all regulatory boards.
17. Develop performance measures for all areas under the Marketing Department to monitor work performance and take corrective action when necessary.
18. Be an effective communicator to ensure marketing staff clearly understands their duties and has the proper resources to carry out those duties.
19. Promote positive public and employee relations that enable North Star Mohican Casino Resort to be the state’s friendliest casino.
20. Must maintain an excellent departmental attendance record.
21. Works cooperatively with the revenue-generating departments to ensure proper support of all resort amenities that are proportionate with their profit contribution margins.
22. Creates pro and post formas to evaluate promotions, special events and entertainment, and adjusts the Marketing Plan based upon evaluated outcomes on a monthly basis.