Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. Must submit to court records search/background review.
2. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
3. Must submit and pass a pre·employment drug screening and health screening.
4. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Must attend all training provided by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Maintenance Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must wear the approved departmental uniform and conduct activities in a professional manner.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Minimum Internal Controls, Department Procedures, memos and other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
9. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must be physically able to perform the job duties listed below, and maintain an acceptable departmental job performance level.
3. Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
4. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
5. Must be able to work under stressful situations on a daily basis.
1. Keep entryways, outside entrances and maintenance area free of ice, snow and debris.
2. Keep bathrooms clean and operational.
3. Keep ashtrays and wastebaskets empty and clean; take trash to dumpsters and burn boxes.
4. Keep paper picked up from the floor and in between machines.
5. Replace light bulbs as needed.
6. Stock maintenance room and bathrooms with paper products.
7. Perform all other duties, as requested by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
1. Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching and bending.
3. Occasional climbing of stairs/ladders, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
4. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (outside of facility) for removal of ice, snow and debris when needed.
5 Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
6. Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
7. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.