1. Coordinate the WIC Program. Schedule clients, make appointments and reminders, complete monthly reports, maintain WIC file, issue drafts, and intake for certification.
2. Perform heights, weights, hemoglobin, and blood lead screens on patients in WIC Program.
3. Enter computer data/reports for appropriate reporting agency as required.
4. Promote Wisconsin Well Women’s Program and lead cancer prevention education and screening efforts.
5. Coordinate community Injury Prevention; including but not limited to annual bike rodeo, suicide prevention and community safety fair.
6. Become instructor certified for Red Cross Babysitting classes; set up and hold yearly babysitting classes.
7. Assist with classes /educational instruction for Community Health projects.
8. Assist with annual Head Start Screening. Provide safety in-services to Head Start program participants.
9. Assist with monitoring the Lifeline Program and replace nonfunctional units.
10. Promote the Smoking Cessation Program. Assist with community wide awareness of the Great American Smoke Out.
11. Assist with the Elderly CHR Program, provide home visits to the Well Elders, including activities at Ella Besaw Center.
12. Repair Eyeglasses as needed.
13. Transport patients according to established policies and protocols.
14. Obtain and maintain Child Passenger Safety (CPS)/ car seat certification.
15.Perform lice screening and treatment as needed.
16 Assist in classes in Health Promotion/Disease Prevention, including diabetes program when needed.
17. Become certified and assist with food inspections.
18. Maintain and update FoodHandler certification list.
19. Coordinate annual pet vaccination clinic for community cats and dogs.
20. Contribute newspaper articles to the paper for health awareness in the community.
21. Complete all necessary reports and data as required.
22. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
23. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
24. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
25. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
26. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The
duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
27. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.