Responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the community based residential facility, (CBRF) including assisting residents who are elderly and/or disabled, planning their activities and monitoring their health as directed by the CBRF Manager. Will be responsible for the day to day management of the eight-bed facility, resident care and services, personnel, finances, and physical plants; will work cooperatively with tribal, county, and state providers to assure that the residents receive proper care and treatment, and their health and safety are protected and promoted and their rights are respected. The CBRF Manager will report to the Director of Human Services.
1. Prepare and monitor annual operational budget for the CBRF.
2. Supervise and schedule CBRF support staff, including having a qualified resident care staff member designated as in charge when Manager not present.
3. Work in cooperation with the Health Center, Elderly Program, Social Services, and other agencies to coordinate and secure resident services and activities.
4. Conduct monthly staff meetings and quarterly resident meetings.
5. Monitor quality measures to ensure standard of care for the residents on a regular basis (monthly or quarterly).
6. Submit monthly and semi-annual reports to the Director of Human Services.
7. Assure that the facility is kept in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition.
8. Order supplies as needed for the center.
9. Grocery shop for the center if necessary.
10. Assure continued compliance with Wisconsin Admin. Code DHS 83 for CBRF licensure.
11. Conduct pre-admission assessments, admissions and orientations.
12. Arrange for medical appointments and transportation.
13. Transport residents to appointments when necessary.
14. Plan and schedule activities for the residents.15. Work in collaboration with the physicians and/or pharmacists and monitor the residents’ medications, stocking, counting, and disposing expired meds per policies and maintain proper documentation for future inspection by the regulatory entities.
16. Prepare and review individualized service plans for each resident.
17. Implement approved policies and procedures that comply with state regulations.
18. Revise the existing policies on regular interval preferably on annual basis and as frequently as needed to reflect the WI State’s updated standards and regulations.
19. Monitor standards of care/quality assurance.
20. Ensure CBRF employees have all required training and are competent to perform duties.
21. Collaborate with the Community Health Nurse for the provision of health care.
22. Assist in day to day care of residents as necessary.
23. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
24. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
25. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
26. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
27. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
28. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor
1. Must have at least 21 years of age and exhibit the capacity to respond to the needs of residents and manage the CBRF.
2. Must have at least one of the following qualifications:
a. an associate degree or higher from an accredited college in a health care related field;
b. a bachelor’s degree in a field other than in health care from an accredited college AND one year experience in a health care related field having direct contact with elders, people with disabilities or other vulnerable client groups;
c. a bachelor’s degree in a field other than in health care from an accredited college AND have successfully completed a Wisconsin-approved assisted living administrator’s training course;
d. at least 2 years of experience working in a health care related field having direct contact with elders, people with disabilities or other vulnerable client groups AND have successfully completed a Wisconsin-approved assisted living administrator’s training course; or
e. A valid nursing home administrator’s license issued by the State of Wisconsin.
3. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
4. Must have good organizational skills and be able to effectively plan.
5. Must possess a high degree of concern, sensitivity and understanding of elderly and disabled persons.
6. Must be available to the staff at various hours for supervision and problem solving.
7. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Elder/Youth License Requirement as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community
8. Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
9. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
10. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
11. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
12. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
13. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 30 days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must meet and maintain the eligibility to operate a personal or tribal vehicle under the driver acceptability guidelines as established by Mohican Nation Insurance.
14. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
Must be willing to receive basic first aid, safety, fire prevention and evacuation training within 90 days of employment. Other training may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. This position requires a lot of sitting with occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
2. Evening and/or weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
3. Work environment requires excellent personal hygiene due to working in close proximity to others and in an enclosed area.
4. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test may be required.