To provide on-site supervision of residents of the Ella Besaw (EBRF)Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF), which includes, but is not limited to; meal preparation, social interaction, companionship, general assistance and support and being attentive to personal hygiene, comfort and other physical, medical, and/or emotional needs. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
1. Assist residents with personal comfort, grooming, and personal hygiene when needed or per the plan of care.
2. Assist elders in activities of daily living; encourage appropriate self-care and independence.
3. Provide a safe environment by minimizing health and safety risks for residents throughout the entire building and especially in the resident’s personal (living) room.
4. Administer all physician ordered special care, example; skin care, bathing techniques.
5. Assist resident with transfer to chairs or beds as needed.
6. Accompany resident to out of facility appointments and recreational activities.
7. Collect specimens as ordered by physicians: urine sample only.
8. Immediately report to CBRF Manager any special or emergency needs of the resident.
a. Provide appropriate care as needed.
b. Document in the resident’s plan of care.
9. Perform various tasks as instructed. Example; taking vital signs, recording them, and reporting them to the proper authority as instructed.
10. To ensure accurate record keeping of all services, document in the resident’s chart; the resident’s progress, significant changes in behavior, and other occurrences or issues.
11. Clean and maintain the resident’s personal living room and bathroom.
12. Answer phone and relay messages to proper resident, employee, or other contact.13. Provide social interaction with residents and encourage and assist them with participation in social activities.
14. Provide a home-like atmosphere for all residents.
15. Required to assist residents in emergencies; fire, tornado, etc. and during drills.
16. Required to call the appropriate department in cases of emergencies; (911, EMTs, Fire Dept. & Center Manager)
17. Prepare meals, serve meals, assist in clean up after meals and provide snacks. Also follow physician’s orders for diet restrictions/modifications.
18. Administer authorized medications and/or treatments to residents under the supervision of the CBRF Manager.
19. Grocery shop for the CBRF when necessary.
20. Perform various housekeeping duties such as but not limited to;
1. Keep the linen/utility room clean and organized.
2. Keep the laundry facility in order and organized.
21. Required to attend job related, in-service, meetings, and training to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
22. Must adhere to tribal law and other applicable laws as well as tribal personnel policies and procedures.
23. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
24. Must be willing to attend all applicable training. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
1. Available for evening and/or weekend hours when necessary.
2. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required especially in situations that cannot be avoided. Examples are, but not limited to; severe weather or an employee emergency.
1. Frequently walk, stand, bend, lift, reach, talk, hear, and use hands to feel, handle, etc.
2. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to forty (40#) pounds.
1. Pre-employment physical required.
2. A Tuberculosis (TB) screening or skin test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
Work is performed in a community based residential facility with a home setting and moderate noise. Employees may be exposed to unpleasant odors, hazardous materials and infectious diseases. Situations may occur where gloves and/or masks are required to be worn.
1. Ability to exercise independent judgment and work independently.
2. Ability to operate various types of medical equipment as required.
3. Ability to be compassionate and caring.
4. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability and experience in establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
6. Must be sensitive to the special needs of the elderly.
7. Must prove satisfactory working record in past or current employment.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
9. Must submit and pass a background security check to meet the Elder Youth License Requirements as it pertains to the position and the location of the department prior to and during the course of employment with the Stockbridge-Munsee Community
10. Must complete fifty-six (56) hours of required training within ninety (90) days of employment. Subjects include but are not limited to; Standard
Precautions/Communicable Disease/Infection Control, Medications, Red Cross First Aid, Food Service Training, Fire Safety, Client Specific training.
11. Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
12. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
13. May be required to satisfactorily complete an exam or other testing requirement(s) to determine skill proficiency.
14. Must pass pre-employment drug and health screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
15. Must be eligible for coverage under the employer’s liability insurance.
16. Must have demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory working record in any prior or current employment.
17. Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
18. Must abide by departmental and organizational safety, testing, and uniform guidelines.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. Prefer one (1) year or more CNA work experience.
2. Knowledge or familiar with the culture and history of Stockbridge-Munsee Community.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) on the Wisconsin Nurses Aide Registry or the ability to obtain within nine (9) months of employment.
3. Must maintain CPR and Red Cross First Aid Certification during employment.
4. Age 18 years or older.
5. Telephone or cell phone required for emergency contact to fill-in when understaffed or emergency occurs.