Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
All employees of North Star Casino Resort must meet the following qualifications.
1. North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
2. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Mohican Nation Gaming License.
3. Must submit to a Criminal Investigation Background Check (CIB).
4. Must have had an acceptable attendance record.
5. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
6. Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
7. Must be 18 years of age or older.
1. Must attend all required training provided by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
2. Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort and the Department.
3. Must participate in employee random drug testing program.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
5. Must attend all meetings, as assigned.
6. Must dress professionally.
7. Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
8. All other assigned duties.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Associate's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Hospitality or closely related field is preferred.
1. A minimum of one ( 1) year work experience in proven exemplary guest service experience required, both internally and externally.
2. Must be able to pass a casino math test.
3. Must be a proficient user of MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
4. Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities efficiently and effectively is required.
5. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
6. Must have ability to deal effectively with diverse and challenging situations.
7. Must have exceptional organizational skills.
8. Must maintain a dependable work attendance record with minimal absences and/or lateness.
9. Must be a team player and have the ability to work under strict deadlines.
10. Must maintain a professional attitude at all times, showing tact, courtesy and respect at all times.
11. Must possess a valid driver's license, be willing to travel and have dependable transportation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
2. Occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
3. Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level or in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
4. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
1. Trains under Senior Executive Host for approximately one (1) year to acquire casino host skills including but not limited to: comp procedures, player assessment, increasing highend guest loyalty, making event and upcoming visitation arrangements, booking special events, administrative tasks, report development, and high level guest service skills.
2. Acquires skills necessary to create and maintain loyalty of high value players including quantitative goal-setting via event pro-forma development and post-analysis reports.
3. Monitors the play habits, program and offer usage and preferences of all assigned players.
4. Assists with promoting the Players Club programs to guests not enrolled or not playing with their card, and capturing all relevant and useful information.
5. Support Players Club Staff by providing leadership example, and offer back up assistance when available.
6. Assists with planning, organizing, coordination and implementation of all Player Development events, programs and initiatives.
7. Maintain close communication with players through telemarketing, letter writing and inperson contact regarding services available and upcoming special events to encourage visitation.
8. Maintains visibility on the casino floor and consistently spends a significant amount time with guests by participating in special events, onsite social functions and daily interaction.
9. Reviews and monitors player ratings before and during shift to know who, of the rated player base, is present or is expected to arrive.
10. Contacts and follows up with assigned players regarding hotel reservations, parties, special events and concerts.
11. Provides general guest service information to guests.
12. Performs all clerical aspects of the job including logging of activities, submitting necessary reports, and filing of paperwork.
13. Due to the sensitive nature of guest privacy, this individual must be able to perform all duties with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
14. Uses discretion in all communications to, about or with customers including their arrangements and finances; to include, signing a non-disclosure agreement.
15. Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
16. Must have a flexible work schedule as shifts will change and vary from day, swing and weekends based on the events and needs of the department.
17. Must be available on and off shifts for contact regarding players.
Note: Applicant must include resume with employment application.